What’s on the inside? Is it reliable? How does it perform? These are all valid questions when watches are the topic of conversation.
It is commonly said in the world of watches that if your watch is not “Swiss Made” or have a Swiss movement, or engine if you will, then it is not reliable and not worth purchasing. From my own experiences even before having a watch company, I believe that those statements are not true. I’ve had Japanese and Chinese movements in watches that have kept excellent time. Although the outer aesthetics may not have been up the par in terms of luxury, the mechanism which is most important to time keeping was exceptional.
A few requirements for a watch to be labeled Swiss Made are the incorporation of a Swiss movement, casing-up and final inspection in Switzerland and also the definition of the Swiss movement adopts a minimum rate of Swiss value of 60%.
That may make one wonder, “Where is the other 40% produced?”
The answer to that is, “It does not matter.” Lol. But to be quite frank the other 40% of parts can come from China, Japan, and other various places. If movements from these countries are looked down upon then why are these Swiss made watches using the components that they make?
Great question! Lol. That shows that they must do quality work in these other countries if “Swiss made” brands still choose to use manufactured parts from these places because 40% is pretty significant.
Unfortunately most people are fascinated by popular “brand names” and overlook the smaller guys who do great work and have great quality, all just to acquire prestige. Not to say that Swiss Made isn’t good because that is far from the truth. They are great watches, but we at Verdure are trying to change the narrative. Us small brands can do big business and do it in a major way. Why? Because we truly care about giving our customers our best in all that we do from our stellar designs and top quality materials to our excellent customer care all while saving them money and still being luxurious.
After much research and consideration we decided to go with a beautiful and reliable Seagull Movement in our latest Lure Collection. Our good friends over in China do great horological work when it comes to movements/mechanisms and we wanted to shed light on their expertise in using a Chinese mechanism as well as making an affordable luxury watch line for our amazing clients. We know the capabilities and know that it was put together by some of the best in the business.
This is kind of how I see us as human beings. Just because we don’t measure up to the standards of what society pushes on us doesn’t mean we are any less qualified to make an impact. (Psalm 139:14)
As a believer in Christ I don’t need the validation from anyone as long as I know God chose me and I know that what He thinks of me matters most. (1 Peter 2:9-10) However this does mean we will have to battle opposition. But we will always be able to endure and be victorious because we know who God truly is and who He has made us. Since we are made in His image, we are made perfectly by our Perfect Creator and it will show in the way we live our lives.
When you are chosen by God, no one can take that from you.
I hope this serves as a guide for when you purchase your next luxury timepiece (hopefully Verdure lol). Low price doesn’t mean cheap quality. For us it means that we care about our customers to make it affordable yet with quality components.
Again, thank you guys for reading. It is always truly appreciated.
You guys have a blessed day!
What’s up everyone. I’m back again, with something set apart from the usual. God has been placing on my heart to speak on some topics regarding young professionals. Mainly the different obstacles and pitfalls that we experience on a day to day basis.
As professionals regardless of what industry you are in, whether it’s working for someone, or self employed, there will always be some obstacles worth learning from.
In order to avoid disappointments that will hinder you from reaching your true purpose that God has set for you from the beginning you must become aware of the many obstacles young professionals face.
Besides, these obstacles are only positioned in our life to test our faith that is certainly needed in order to grow, mature, and reach our full potential.
So let’s get into it.
2. Distractions. I think this is one of the biggest obstacles that us young professionals face. Now these can come in a plethora of ways. Maybe some old habits/behaviors that are in the way of what we know we want to do and accomplish like procrastination and holding those important things off that we know need to get done. Maybe fear of the unknown like what if this goes wrong or even what if it goes right? Or maybe it’s some people in our lives. Some people just can’t enjoy that ride with us to the destination that God has for us because they are distractions and hindrances in our lives. Maybe some of the things they say and the thoughts and ideas that they themselves have for us are just counter productive and hold us back from progressing and moving forward. Thats not to say we shouldn’t love them, but we have to love ourselves enough to want better for ourselves and most importantly to be obedient to the Lord and fulfill the purposes and plans He has for us.
3. Lack of Faith. When I say Lack of Faith, I mean a lack of faith in who God is and His perfect will and plan for our lives. A lot of times we think we have total control of our lives and when one thing doesn’t go as planned, we get all out of sorts and frustrated because the plans we set for our lives and professions have been delayed or derailed. It’s in these times where we need to seek Christ and have faith in Him that everything will work out according to His plan. Let’s be honest we don’t know the future. We can make all the plans we want to but it is God who has the final say(James 4:13-15). A cancelled meeting, a deal that didn’t go through, a disgruntled customer/employer, a missed appointment, anything can throw us off but there can also be good that comes from it when we have the right perspective. Having faith in God and trusting in His plans certainly means being comfortable with the unknown and knowing that God knows all. Once we trust God with the unknown He gives a peace that “passeth all understanding” (Philippians 4:7), that is, peace that doesn’t make sense from a worldly/human perspective. In this day and age, that kind of peace is so vital and priceless. I know I have been through certain things in life and in business that others would be like “Yo how are you so calm and comfortable even after these setbacks?” And my response is that I know God is in control. His peace is inexplicable because it helps you to be calm in those tough times especially in our professional lives and still smile because you know that all is well. Since we don’t even know what will happen tomorrow, we need to have a foundation in Jesus Christ who knows the future and is in complete control of everything. That deeply rooted faith is what allows for us to keep moving forward with peace and clarity no matter how hard our professional and personal lives may get.
I hope you all enjoyed this read and I hope it may have been of some assistance to some of you. Once these 3 things are figured out, it’s so much easier to navigate in our careers and professions and in life in general.
So God bless you guys!
Until next time,
What’s up everyone! I’m back again. I know you may not have been expecting me to be back so soon, but I like this outlet and how it allows me to communicate with you all so I had to share something else.
So I decided to give you guys a few reasons why you should choose Verdure. I think this will be a good read and I hope you guys can continue to give me some feedback. So here we go!
2. Versatility. I think it’s a beautiful thing that every Verdure Watch can be worn with literally anything. A suit, a dress, some jeans, some sweatpants, some leggings, you name it and a Verdure Watch looks like it is supposed to be worn with it. And it will still hold its elegance and class with any of these outfits.
3. Conversation Starter. Another great thing about Verdure is that it can be used as an ice breaker to start a conversation. I honestly have had many people tell me that as they have worn their Verdure Watch, it has sparked up many conversations. So you can say it does truly stand out even amongst the crowds. Something I feel is very special and unique about the craftsmanship of these watches.
4. It is luxury at a fraction of the luxury price tag. So personally I just can’t bring it upon myself to spend $10,000-$100,000 for anything, let alone charge that for a timepiece that I design. Now, that is not to say that I do not value my own work because I certainly do. But when You have people lowering their moral values just to be able to buy certain things to look and feel good and achieve status, that is when you have problems. Nothing in this world is worth lowering your moral values for. With that being said, Verdure is an affordable luxury brand. You should be able to feel nice and look good without breaking your pockets to do so. So if you like to look and dress nice without spending a fortune, it’s time to consider a Verdure timepiece.
5. Designed with love. As a designer, I would never just put any design out there without taking my time and being very particular with it. If I wouldn’t wear it myself then I would never release it for the public to spend money on it. I just can’t bring myself to do it. So every design is surely designed with love and with each individual client in mind to provide them with the best. I say client instead of customer because I think it sounds a bit more personal. Maybe I'm weird for that but oh well lol.
6. There is added value with Verdure. With Verdure, it is more than just being about fine timepieces. The word “Verdure” means strength, and I like to think that there is power in the time that you spend each and every day. What do you spend your time on and how does it affect you or those around you? Whatever you give your time to, you are giving power to those things and I believe that we all should be making great use of our time. I try my best to use my time to things that will ensure that God gets all of the glory in all that I do. Whether that is giving my time and attention to someone in need in whatever way, worrying about the needs of others and helping them with something or whatever the case may be. So here at Verdure we like to help people think on those things and what they are giving their time to. So each time you put your Verdure piece on, think of how to make the best of your time that day.
So altogether I hope that you guys truly enjoyed this read. Not only this but all of the things I’ve written thus far and I hope it truly gives you added value to your day and your life in general.
Let me know what you think in the comments as I greatly appreciate all of you!
Hope you enjoy and have a blessed day!
Just kidding, what’s going on everyone?
Eddie J. back again for another edition of excellent blog posts. Lol.
So today I just felt the need to get into our most popular collection to date, the “Sophomore Collection.”
This one right here is really special to me because it is my 2nd collection ever released.
After my first “Premier Collection” (and yes I will be making a post about that soon), I thought it was really time to elevate my game and get into some real timepiece excellence. After all, how can you grow if you don’t elevate what you are currently doing and step out of your comfort zone?
So these beauties feature a sort of unorthodox half skeleton. You can see the mechanism in motion in each section of the dial/face, and in the sections that you can’t see the mechanism, there is almost a checker board sculptured pattern to provide for some fine detail. Not too loud but not too basic.
I love the skeleton aspect because not only is the outside of the watch beautiful, but the gold mechanism on the inside is just as beautiful and it truly compliments the outer aesthetics of it as you look through the domed sapphire crystal.
I like to think that as human beings it’s not just enough to look beautiful or handsome on the outside. Inner substance is imperative as well. We each need to make sure that our “insides”, if you will, are even more beautiful so the outer beauty compliments what and who we are on the inside. As a believer in Jesus Christ I am to allow the light of Christ to shine through me from the inside so that others can see Him in me and see how he has transformed me into a beautiful, new creation. Kind of how the gold mechanism of the watch shines through to make the entire watch even more beautiful.
That brings me to think of the scripture verse in 2 Corinthians 4:16 which says, “Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.”
Though we are growing older and looks fade, inwardly we can continue to have that youthful, yet mature vibrancy that never fades and never grows old and also shows the beauty we each have in each phase of our lives. So I truly thank God for that. I also thank God that if you keep your watches in good condition, it can always look beautiful as if it were brand new for as long as you want lol.
Complete with a genuine leather strap and deployment clasp to prevent wear and tear from constant pulling like a regular buckle would, it is truly beautiful altogether. Also on the back of the case you can see the mechanism there as well with a sapphire crystal case back.
I’m telling you, beauty at its finest!
Most importantly, with any watch I design, I like to be sure that it can be worn with anything. Suit, shorts, sweats, it doesn’t matter. Put on your watch with any outfit for any occasion and you will certainly turn heads.
I may be biased, but this collection is really classy. I thank God for giving me a piece of His creative gene to be able to put things like this together.
So if you haven’t yet, check it out!
First 20 people to read this and leave a thumbs up 👍🏽in the comments will get a special gift sent to their email. That also means that you should subscribe to my email list!
Hope you enjoyed the read!
it's been a long while since the last blog post, so I decided to come back on here but to speak from a bit of a different angle from before.
so recently I released my newest collection titled the "Lure collection" and this one here is very special to me for the simple fact of what inspired it. so I would love to take this opportunity to let the public in to how I came up with the design.
so when you take a look at the face, or "dial" of the watch, you can see that it looks like a fish scale pattern. well, at home I have a fish tank and one day as I was sitting on my couch I thought to myself that I could incorporate somehow their scales into a design. also there is crushed up coral at the bottom of the fish tank, so the spiked design on the bezel signifies the crushed up coral.
for the past designs, I decided to go with 5ATM waterproof, which is really basic. you can swim with it but it doesn't mean you should. but it is still ok if you wash your hands and water gets on it, it will have no effect to the watch. With the "Lure Collection", I decided to make it 10ATM which means you can actually go snorkeling in it with no effect to the watch.
Also, a new feature with our watches is the screw-down crown. Call it a safety feature for a few reasons.
ON the inside, we have a beautiful automatic movement. That's right, no batteries needed just like our "Sophomore Collection" and "Yves Medley Women's Collection". With the "seconds" hand located at the "6" position, if you need to time something for whatever reason, you can easily look to that sub dial "seconds" hand and time it right away.
Like the rest of the Verdure pieces, you can wear these with anything. Jeans, a suit, a dress, whatever you want to pair it with, it will go perfectly with any attire.
For this model I wanted to make a correlation with the Bible. Jesus said in Matthew 4:19 "And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." This also inspired the title of this collection, the "Lure Collection", and a lure is fishing bait used to attract the fish. As a believer in Christ, this is one of the main missions- to show the love of Jesus Christ to everyone that we come across, and being a great influence in this crazy world that we live in in order to bring glory to God and to "make fishers of men" by living according to the Word of God and proclaiming the name of Jesus in our every day lives. So along with the fishes in my fish tank, this too is what inspired the fish scale face of the watch.
With all of my watches but especially this one, I would like for the wearer to truly think about what it is that they put their time to. In this day and age it is imperative to use your time wisely and to put it to things of meaning. For me personally I try to put my time to things that are pleasing to the Lord Jesus Christ. Spending time with loved ones, giving time and/or resources to someone in need, making some really nice watch designs for my great customers, anything like that lol.
But I really appreciate you for taking the time to read this and to see inside the mind of the designer of Verdure Watches, Yours Truly.
I hope you all have a blessed year and remember to make sure your time is "Time WEll Spent".
Hoodie Season is fast approaching us. Out here on the east coast, fall fashion is really special just because of the different types of clothing that make their way on the scene. During this time, my hoodie collection is brought to the front of my closet. Sporty, casual, doesn’t matter. The hoodie comes in many different styles and flavors that you can incorporate into any outfit whether you’re just lounging/chilling and want to wear sweats, or you’re wearing a casual jeans type of outfit.
Let me be clear. During hoodie season it isn’t just about hoodies. It’s good to mix it up once in a while, so we can also do sweaters. Again, sweaters come in many different styles also which means we can be as versatile as we want.
So let’s start up with some comfortable, lounge styled hoodies/sweaters like crewnecks, zip-up hoodies, pullover hoodies, etc. Say it’s a cool fall afternoon and you have some errands that need to be attended to. You’re a little pressed for time so you want to throw on something stylish but comfortable. For this we can throw on a simple crewneck pull over sweater. At this point, colors don’t matter which is the beauty about hoodie season. There are no colors that are off limits, but just for arguments sake, lets choose gray. A Gray crewneck pullover sweater with grey sweatpants. Or, if you don’t want to wear one color top to bottom, we can always mix match. A blue zip up hoodie with black or gray sweatpants works well too.
Crushed Gold (@Crushed_Gold) a hot, new up and coming line has a lot of heat in their arsenal that you guys have to check out. They have ladies gear too so ladies definitely those out as well. check the visuals here and their instagram to get acquainted.
I’ll also show a visual of what footwear to add to your attire. We’re going for the chill/comfort look so we have to be sure the sneakers match well. What I like to do is give an idea of the complete outfit and not just giving you bits and pieces, I like to deliver the whole package.
So let’s coordinate. Right now we are going to match the hoodie/sweater with the shoes. For example if we have a blue hoodie let’s choose blue sneakers to go along with it. Or we can do all gray top and bottom, then for the shoe game we can pick anything. I chose to put the all-white Nike Air Max CB '94 to really give myself a cleaner look. Check the visuals to get a better feel of what I’m talking about.
Or maybe you want to be a bit more dressy than wearing sweatpants. You’re in the mood to throw on a pair of jeans, or cargo/khaki pants but still want to wear a hoodie or sweater.
No big deal.
This calls for maybe a dressier hoody. (Check the visuals to get a feel)
Now again, we have to have the right footwear to make the look complete. Timberland’s, Nike ACG’s, Polo Ralph Lauren Roadway Boots, Clark Wallabees, the list goes on and on. You can do just about anything (except dress shoes with jeans. I really cannot stand that. Either you’re trying to dress up or you’re trying to be casual. No in between in my book lol).
So when you’re doing your fall clothes shopping, keep in mind that you can be as versatile as you want. Mix and match is good in this case when it comes to colors.
So get your gear right because you want to make sure you are all the way correct for this great hoodie season!
No Need To Pay Attention To Trends....You Create Your Own Trends That Work For You And Only You....
It's time to bring the gentleman back in style. What better way to do that than to show your lady over a romantic candle lit dinner at a fine restaurant, or a home cooked meal for her at your place, right?
So fellas if we are going to do that then we need to have that look of a gentleman that will blow her away.
Let's say you want to take her out to one of the finest restaurants in town. They have a dress code which means you need to throw on your finest linens. In situations like this, it's time to impress without doing too much in terms of your attire for the occasion.
The color scheme should be quite simple. I'm a big fan of blue and navy being paired together, brown and green, green and navy, and even burgundy and white being paired together. Doesnt matter what time of year, these colors are always in season.
So with that being said, let's get our outfit together. If we are going to a restauraunt, again we want to impress without doing too much. A navy blue blazer (double or single breasted, your choice) with a pair of gray slacks and navy or black dress shoes. Or we can do a white button up, burgundy blazer, burgundy slacks and black, navy, or burgundy monkstrap loafers if you know how to wear a pair of burgundy loafers.
If none of those appeal to you, we can go with some brown and green. This combo does sound like a sort of fall/winter combo but again these colors are always in season as long as you are wearing them correctly. A white V-neck t-shirt coupled with a forrest green blazer and khaki dress pants with a pair of brown monkstrap shoes or brown suede tassel loafers. Take a look at the visuals to get a feel for what im talking about.
Now for the green and navy color combo, we can really do a lot. Say you don't want to wear a blazer but you still want to have that clean, classy look. Well we can switch it up a bit. A green long sleeve oxford pullover shirt with navy dress slacks and your choice of either a pair of brown monkstrap shoes, plain toe oxford shoes, or again a pair of suede tassel loafers, and you most definitely will have that simple look of a gentleman.
The beautiful thing about formal attire is that you can be as versatile as you want. Some make it harder than what it really is when it comes to dressing formally, but it is really about what you are comfortable wearing. No need to pay attention to trends fellas becasue you create your own trends that work for you and only you.
But one last thing before I run out of here, to complete your look, you must have the proper accessories. Pocket squares, jacket pins, and watches.
Be sure to have your watch game correct. Any Verdure watch will give more light to your attire as a whole. The Brown Excellence timepiece can go with any colorway that you choose.
So now that you have the right look of a gentleman, its time to show that lovely lady a wonderful evening filled with chivalry and good looks that will leave her with a kool-aid smile by the nights end.
Oh, and dont forget to pull her chair out for her when yall sit down at the table together.
Okay yall im back from a long hiatus to deliver the goods. Since fall will quickly be among us, I thought I could start getting into the fall fashion even tho its like 140 degrees out here on the east coast.
But anyway lets get to it.
So I love hoodie/sweater/cardigan season because it really shows who really has that sense of fashion down pat. It's not as easy as, say summer fashion because you have to throw more than just a shirt and shorts on. Fall fashion mean sometimes more than one layer of clothing. A nice button down along with the right light weight leather jacket, or maybe a V-neck t-shirt and a denim jacket some casual cargo pants and wallabee shoes and you're straight.
The footwear part of the fall look is also big time to make your look complete. Its a must to have the right flavors (colors) for the fall. Brown, forest green, gray, navy, black, burgundy (really an underrated color) are the right colors. It also doesnt hurt to have some red in there too just to spice it up a bit. The Clark Wallabees in any of these colors is a great look. If you prefer sneakers, then you have a lot of options. Im more of a classic guy so I would go with some adidas shell toes, or a pair of uptowns (nike air forces), nike cortez's, or even a pair of nike dunk's in any flavor you want to match the color scheme. If you want to get a little fancy with the footwear and dont mind spending more, some classic Bally sneakers, Prada sneakers/shoes, or Balenciaga sneakers would definitely work as well.
It's not as hard as it may sound to put a solid fall outfit together. Some people try to do a little too much when it doesnt take much at all. Fall fashion is really about finding what you're comfortable with and putting it together effortlessly.
Making your own style really and being your own trendsetter, and the fall fashion season is definitely the time for that.
So fellas I know youll be able to use some of these tips to get your fall gear together. And ladies now you'll know what kind of gear to pick up for your significant other for this upcoming fall season.
Check out the slideshow of different combos to get a good visual on what kind of look you can go for.
Well, until next time yall!
What's up yall!
It's Eddie Johnson coming to you with the first Verdure blog post. It's going to be an exciting journey so i hope you all enjoy the ride along with us!
Enough of the small talk, lets get down to business......
So the spring/summer seasons are some of the most exciting times when it comes to fashion. The vibrant colors make their way to the front of the wardrobes for a lot of folks which reminds us of what time of year it is. Now me personally, I like to go against the grain in many aspects of life, fashion being one of them.
Now like I said before, bright colors are in. But that doesn't mean you have to write off the darker colors for the season.
Some of my favorite colors that I think can be worn all year round are blue (all shades), brown (all shades), and green (all shades).
Since it's still a bit chilly out on the east coast, cardigans and hoodies are still in. Nothing too flashy, just a nice, clean, casual look. Throw some khaki's or cargo pants on with a cardigan and you're set. Then you add the Verdure Timepiece to the equation and its all said and done.
Another thing about accessories. Since the weather is going to start getting really nice really soon (at least out east), brighter colors are going to start making their way onto the scene if they haven't already. I think we've established that. But that doesn't mean you can't do the darker colors any longer. Naturally you would want to have something on that would brighten up the look to take some attention away from the darker colors. What better way to do that by having the adequate accessories.
Take for instance, this little slide show here. Navy shirt, navy cardigan, navy shoes, but a pair of gold frames with a hint of brown in them, and a gold watch with a brown leather band (from the Verdure Watches "The Sophomore" Collection- Brown Excellence Timepiece) and it changes the entirety of the look. Enough to keep you in the background but also enough flash in the accessory department to start a conversation on where you got your look from.
so remember fellas, spring/summer '16 is about the simple look with some hints of flash. You won't go wrong.
"When designing I try to keep in mind that I wouldn't want anyone buying something that I would not wear myself. So with each design I put forth my best effort to give someone a watch that is aesthetically pleasing that can be worn with just about anything."
Join our mailing list today!